5/21/2010

CheapTripHelper

You wanna go to Paris? Been there many times--we even lived there 4 years.

Crazy enough to go meet the relatives in Eastern Europe? Been there, done that, too. (They're good people.)

Can't get enough of the Governator's state, even though it's outta money? Us, too.

CheapTripHelper can help you get there, tell you what you really should NOT miss at the destination, and how to do it on a budget (without couch-surfing, but hey, whatever works).

For Dirt Cheap Travels, part of the fun is putting a trip together on YOUR budget. Send us your plans, an idea of when you'd like to travel, what you want to do there, and how much you think you have to spend. Never. Ever. Decide. To. Travel. Before. You. Set. A. Budget.

A realistic one. Leave the dumpster diving to those who are local pros at it.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE http://www.couchsurfing.org. It works out about 50% of the time I inquire, and 95% of the time I make new friends and have a better time than if I stayed in a hostel. (The one exception was a boring post-doc in Zurich who liked to bar hop and had nothing at all in common with me--conversation was sparse.) Other than that, I've had big German breakfasts, Swiss people who have told me where the best views are, and a Swedish guy who told me weird Swedish idiomatic phrases based on Scandinavian jokes (cows slipping on ice, etc). Not to mention a close friend of mine--at the wedding--was someone I first met through the site. We met up locally, had coffee,and he showed me around some sites. I totally recommend it for meeting people who know a local area, even if you DON'T end up staying with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! You learn much more about a place when you talk to someone who lives there, even if you don't stay with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking for examples of unusual but good accommodations--anyone?

    ReplyDelete

Keep comments clean. Offer constructive criticism, not destructive trashing. Life is short. Live it well.